Vilyuchinskiy pass. Alexander Zhilyaev
«One week in Kamchatka. VIP heli-ski program "Tumroki 2008"»
1st Day - Saturday
12.40 Arrival to Elizovo airport (30km from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy)
14.00 Accommodation in "Bel-Kam-Tour" hotel. Located in Verkhne-Paratuskiye thermal springs valley
15.00 Bathing in thermal pools
19.00 Dinner; meeting with the guides; getting information on the program; rest and acclimatization
2nd Day - Sunday
11.00 Departure to the Tumroki base
12.00 Overview of Karymskiy volcano (1536m), the Semyachikskiye group of volcanoes: Maliy Semyachyk (1541m), Central Semyachyk (1200m), Bolshoi Semyachyk or Zubchataya (1700m). You can also visit Kaldera Uzon - a huge depression with a diameter of 9-12km. A variety of hydro thermal shows can be observed there.
14.00 Accommodation at Tumroki base
16.00 Bathing in thermal springs
19.00 Dinner; rest and acclimatization
Karymskiy volcano is very active. During the 20th century it has grown by 330m, and during the latest period of activity started from 2002 it's grown 12m more for only half a year. At the moment the volcano remains active, throwing out gas-water and smoke.
Malyi Semyachik volcano is also active, but at the moment its activity is not high. You won`t see volcanic eruptions like in Karymskiy volcano. This volcano specific feature is the acid lake situated in its crater. It's an elliptic lake, 500m in diameter and 140m in depth. The water is unusual - it's a highly mineralized saline containing almost all the Mendeleyev table elements, mainly ferrum (Fe) and aluminium (Al). From above the lake seems to be emerald. This effect comes from sub-water fumaroles and particulate solids of sulphur and its compounds dissoluted in water.
The Tumroki tourist base (a 1hour and 40minutes flight from Elizovo) is situated in one of the most picturesque places of the Milkovskiy region at the foot of the active volcano Kizimen.
The base consists of a three-storeyed hotel, two-storeyed canteen and a keeper lodge. It can accommodate 21-29 people: there are 2 de luxe suites and seven rooms for 2-3 people.
On the first floor there is a bar, a pool (billiard) room and a guest room, TV and karaoke are available.
In 300m from the hotel there are several pools with healing thermal water, changing rooms and a natural drinking water spring called Narzan. You can reach the springs by comfortable wooden paths lightened in the nighttime. Water in different thermal springs contains hydrocarbonate, chloride, natrium (Na), silicium (Si), barium (Ba), arsenium, carbone dioxide (CO2) and other minerals.
3rd Day - Monday
11.00 Departure to Esso village for helicopter refilling;
14.00 Overview of the Klyuchevskaya group of volcanoes;
15.00 Lunch in the mountains;
17.00 Return to the base, bathing in thermal springs
19.00 Dinner; rest; New Year party; special entertainment program
The Klyuchevskaya volcano group is an extremely grand and impressive range. Here in this relatively small area you can find the highest mountains, the largest glaciers and the most active volcanoes in the whole Kamchatka peninsula. There are 14 volcanoes in the Kluchevskaya group, including Klyuchevskoy volcano (4750m) - the highest active volcano in Eurasia, Kamen (4575m), Ushkovskiy (4057m), Krestovskiy (3943m), Ostriy Tolbachik (3682m), Ploskiy Tolbachik (3085m), Bezimyanniy (2869m), Ovalnaya Zimina (3081m), Ostraya Zimina (2744m), Bolshaya Udina (2943m), Srednyaya (2990m), Zarechniy, Kharchinskiy. Among which Klyuchevskoy, Ushkovskiy, Ploskiy Tolbachik and Bezymyanniy are active ones.
4th Day - Tuesday
10.00 Departure to the heli-skiing area;
14.00 Departure to Esso village for helicopter refilling;
18.00 Return to the base;
19.00 Dinner; bathing in thermal pools; rest
5th Day - Wednesday
12.00 Departure to Elizovo;
14.00 Accommodation in "Bel-Kam-Tour" hotel;
19.00 Dinner; bathing in thermal pools; rest
6th Day - Thursday
10.00 Departure toPetropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy;
11.00 Dog sledges program or entertainment program in the national yurt;
18.30 Return to Bel-Kam-Tour base; rest; bathing in the thermal pool.
Sledge Dog Nursery. The dog sledge race called "Berengiya" takes place in Kamchatka every year since 1990. The world race "Kamchadal" (World Cup 2004 stage) was organized here in 2004. In Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy there is a sledge-dog breeding kennel, where the specific Kamchatka sledge dog breed has been raised again. This traditional in the North "mean of transportation" is used in wintertime to get to the most beautiful and hardly accessible places in Kamchatka.
The Entertainment Program in the National Yurt:
7th Day - Friday
- transfer on snowmobiles to the national village Pimchik, next to Ostraya mountain;
- national dances in ethnic clothes;
- national throat singing;
- national fish soup;
- herbal tea.
10.00 Departure to Elizovo;
12.40 Departure to Moscow.
- 30% of the program cost is paid upon application;
- Full cost should be paid no later than 40 days prior to the start of the programme.
The program package includes:
The program package doesn't include:
- Meals (breakfast and dinner) and lunch (on the route) - in heli-skiing days. In days reserved: breakfast, lunch and dinner (extra meals and beverages not included in the package paid by the clients)
- Accommodation in "Bel-Kam-Tour" hotel (standard doubles)
- Accommodation in "Tumroki" base
- Helicopter time - 12 hours
- Professional guides' service with minimum 2 guides per group
- Anti-avalanche equipment rent
- Dog sledge program for 10 people
- Transfers for the whole program duration (airport-hotel-airport, hotel-helipad-hotel, all transfers, planned according to the program), all other transportation requests are paid extra
- Group assistant for the whole tour duration
Program terms and conditions:
- All air fees and airport charges
- Emergency evacuation fees
- Ski passes in ski resorts
- Tickets for visiting thermal pools, located outside the hotel territory
- Meals and beverages not included in the group menu
- Additional expenses caused by bad weather conditions, airport time-table changes, equipment breakage, illness etc;
- Luggage exceeding fee
- Equipment preparation services
- Routes for heli-skiing are chosen by the guides and depend on the group riding level, weather and snow conditions
- The program is planned for good weather
- You are required to have insurance, covering medical and evacuation expenses.